- Toyota found liable in U.S. for fatal crash caused by unintended acceleration – Reuters. Oklahoma jury awards $3 million in compensatory damages.
- U.S. October car sales to show 8 pct rise – Reuters. JD Power and LMC prediction.
- October New-Car Sales Expected To Jump 12 Percent – KBB. Kelley Blue Book predicts sales of 1.22 million units.
- Italy union, UAW see Fiat-Chrysler merger as “indispensable” – Reuters. “Veba is believed to be holding out for the highest possible payout of nearly $6 billion, while Fiat is thought to value the stake at far less and does not want to overpay.”
- Renault sales fall as forex overcomes pricing gains – Reuters. “Iran sanctions and weaker emerging market currencies more than offset gains in pricing and sales volumes.” Maintains 2013 outlook.
- Tesla hires Apple VP to lead vehicle development – Reuters. Former Ford engineer Doug Field oversaw the development of MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and iMac.
[Want more news? The Daily Kanban Newsbot works for you 24/7.]