- China Opens Government-Fleet Door to Volvo – WSJ. China-owned, but foreign company, Catch-22!
- GM to move international headquarters to Singapore from China – Reuters. “The move is likely to come as a blow to Shanghai, which has been trying to compete with the likes of Singapore and Hong Kong as a place for multinational companies to base their Asia headquarters.”
- Tata plans for global expansion with new modular platform – Autocar. “According to a report in the Australian media, the new platform will “leapfrog” what the Volkswagen Group has already achieved.”
- Mexico becoming Nissan’s export hub for Americas – Reuters. Most of the cars from the new plant in Aguascalientes in central Mexico will be sent by rail to destinations throughout North and South America.
- Tesla car fires ‘definitely’ will not lead to recall: CEO – Reuters. “There’s definitely not going to be a recall,” Musk said during a New York Times DealBook conference televised on CNBC. “There’s no reason for a recall, I believe.”
[Want more news? The Daily Kanban Newsbot works for you 24/7.]