Today’s blog writing worksheet:
- Nissan March/Micra Falls to Venucia Brand – Chinacartimes: “Dongfeng-Nissan’s own sub brand seems to be the end place for vehicles that fail to meet the sales and age requirements of the Nissan brand, the last generation Tiida twins, Lavina and now the March/Micra mini car have headed over to Venucia.”
- Daimler names former VW, BMW CEO Pischetsrieder to supervisory board – Automotive News. And he’s baaaaack … Rumor had it, Piech made him CEO just so that he can torture him at leisure.
- Zetsche gets pay raise after record Mercedes deliveries – Automotive News. Good boy!
- China auto lobby, policymakers collide over foreign investment – Reuters: “China’s auto lobby has urged Beijing to support local carmakers after the regulator said it was considering further opening up the market to outside investment amid a deepening row between policymakers and state-owned car firms.”
- Ford Aims to Tip Million Mark in China – WSJ
- Honda’s Accord beat Camry as top U.S. car in individual sales – Automotive News. Panic in Bunkyo!!!
- Electric Nissan e-NV200 van on sale in May – Autocar
- THAILAND: Market crashes in January – Just-auto. Land of frozen smiles.
- It’s time to lower the drink-drive limit to match the rest of Europe – Autocar. Last call!
[Want more news? The Daily Kanban Newsbot works for you 24/7.]